Small Scale SAFe: Running Small Value Streams in a SAFe Environment
The first law of scaling is don’t scale. It is also true that size and value are not equivalent – some of the highest value products and most profitable value streams are supported by small teams.
Even Essential SAFe is targeted at teams-of-teams with over 50 team members. So what do you do if you are faced with one of the following situations:
- The organization is rolling out SAFe but your value stream is less than 50 people
- You expect your value stream to grow and you want to get ready for scaling without incurring unnecessary overheads
- You’re a small team that would like to benefit from the practices in SAFe without adding all those extra roles
- You’d like to adopt SAFe’s approach to Lean Portfolio Management even though you currently only have small value streams, products and teams
In this presentation we will examine how Essential SAFe can be tailored down to allow small value streams to flourish and grow effectively in a SAFe Environment.
Learning objectives and Key Takeaways:
- Learn how even the smallest teams can benefit from the essentials of SAFe
- Learn how to adapt SAFe for use across all development teams without breaking the first law of scaling – don’t scale
- Understand how common ground and common practices will help you scale across the entire enterprise
- Understand how SAFe can help executives lead even the smallest of development organizations whilst enabling growth