A Glossy Amalgamation of all of our 'Writing Good PI Objectives' Articles!
Welcome to the amalgamation of a short series of articles on crafting effective, well-formed objectives as part of the SAFe® Program Increment (PI) / Big Room Planning activity. We have seen a lot of confusion surrounding the use of PI objectives; confusion that often results in:
- Resistance to their use and;
- The production of poorly formed team objectives that appear to be completely redundant as they just list the Features being addressed.
- The first step to creating well-formed, useful objectives is for everyone to understand why they are so important.
Covered in this document:
- Why do we need PI Objectives when we have Features?
- Writing good PI Objectives
- PI Objectives and the PI Planning Process
- PI Objectives Beyond PI Planning: Reaffirming and Monitoring Your Commitments
Available for download is a PDF version of the articles featured elsewhere on our website, combining all of the content for offline working or study if required.