- Start seeing the big picture and the associated business value
- Everything from User Stories but more
- An agile, scalable approach ideal to work with popular frameworks such as SAFe®
Master the new generation of Use-Cases – from the creator of Use-Cases!
This online course will equip you with the skills and techniques necessary to effectively elicit, communicate, and manage current and intended solution behaviours using use cases.
In particular, you will learn how to apply the new generation of use cases (Use-Case 2.0) to your agile programs and frameworks like Scrum, Scrum at Scale, SAFe and Disciplined Agile.
Throughout the eLearning modules, common problems and their solutions will be explored as well as summary reviews and Ivar’s top tips to remember. Reference examples and exercise solutions are also supplied.
- The principles behind use-case modelling
- How to capture intended solution behaviours in a use-case model
- How to build a product backlog and slice use cases to discover well-defined pieces of work for agile teams, such as Features and Stories
- How to manage scope
- How to create a use-case model
- Where actors and use cases come from
- How to iteratively develop use-case narratives
- How to handle business rules and non-functional requirements
- When and where to use optional features such as include and extend
- How to drive analysis, design and testing using use cases
Who is the course for?
The Use Case online course has been designed with key business transformation roles in mind including:
- SAFe® Product Owners, Product Managers & Solution Managers
- SAFe® Epic Owners
- SAFe® System, Solution & Enterprise Architects
- Product owners
- Business Analysts
- Systems Analysts
- Customer Representatives
- Requirements Managers
- Requirements Engineers
- Project Managers
- Developers and Testers
There are many other roles who will also find this online course beneficial.
Seven self-paced modules
- The Fundamentals of Use-Case Modelling
- Finding Actors & Use Cases
- Outlining and slicing Use Cases
- Preparing a Use-Case Slice
- Analysing a Use-Case Slice
- Adapting your Use-Case Model
- Agility with Use-Case 2.0
The Creator of Use Cases
Dr. Ivar Jacobson
Dr. Ivar Jacobson has been identified as a candidate to the title: ”Father of software engineering”. His contributions span over 50 years starting from components and component architecture in 1968 to the essentials of modern software engineering in 2019. In between he created use cases and what became the Unified Process in 1986 and he was the co-creator of UML in 1997. Ivar started to work on what became “The Essence of Software Engineering” in 2006, and now Essence and its use cases is on a path to revolutionise the software engineering discipline.
Since its inception in 1986 the Use-Case practice has been improved in many steps with the new Use-Case 2.0 practice designed for agile teams and agile development. Use-Case 2.0 can be considered as the hub of modern software engineering.